Date: Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 6:01 PM
Subject: Relationship Enhancement Therapy Workshop - May 19-21, 2017
this announcement to any list serves you may be on,
or pass it along to a colleague.
Relationship Enhancement® Therapy with Couples and Families
May 19-21, 2017
Workshop Leader: Rob Scuka, Ph.D., Member of NIRE's Training Faculty
Rob is the author of Relationship Enhancement Therapy: Healing Through Deep Empathy and Intimate Dialogue. and numerous articles on RE and other topics.
Location: Topaz, House, 4400 East-West Highway, #24, Bethesda, MD 20814
Workshop Description: The purpose of this three-day skills training workshop is to provide participants a comprehensive introduction to the theory and methodology underlying the RE model and to teach participants how to conduct RE Therapy with couples and families, beginning with the intake interview and proceeding through all the phases of RE therapy.
Intensive Supervised Skills Practice: The workshop emphasizes the building of participants' therapeutic skills through a process that combines lecture, video, role-play demonstrations, and intensively supervised skill practice. The number of participants is limited in order to ensure frequent individual supervision when participants break into triads to practice the previously-demonstrated skills.
Workshop Objectives: Participants will learn:
- How to structure an intake interview so as to minimize in-session conflict and maximize commitment to positive therapeutic engagement
- How to teach clients the ten RE skills
- How to structure Conflict Management Skill as a contract between couples
- How to coach couples' dialogues effectively
- How to use the Identification Mode of empathy to help couples deepen their dialogues
- How to use special RE therapy techniques such as Becoming and Troubleshooting
- How to combine individual therapy of family members with RE couple and family therapy
- How to overcome power imbalances among family members
Continuing Education: Upon completion, participants receive 20 CE credits for completing this workshop.
IDEALS/NIRE has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5560. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. IDEALS/NIRE is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Number of participants strictly limited to assure ample individual supervision.
Fee: $375 (includes RE Therapist Manual).
Cancellation Policy: Full refund (minus a $25 cancellation fee) is available up to one week prior to the beginning of the workshop. Thereafter, no refund is permitted, but the money paid can be applied to a future workshop offering.
For further information, or to register, please call NIRE at 301-680-8977.
Visit our website at www.nire.org. You may also register on-line there as well.
To unsubscribe: http://www.nire.org/free-email-newsletter/