Date: Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 10:00 AM
Subject: Relationship Enhancement Therapy Workshop Announcement
Relationship Enhancement® Therapy with Couples and Families
November 4-6, 2011
Workshop Leader: Rob Scuka, Ph.D., Member of NIRE's Training Faculty
Rob is the author of Relationship Enhancement Therapy: Healing Through Deep Empathy and Intimate Dialogue.
Location: The workshop will be held in Bethesda, MD.
Workshop Description: The purpose of this three-day skills training workshop is to provide participants a comprehensive introduction to the theory and methodology underlying the RE model and to teach participants how to conduct RE Therapy with couples and families, beginning with the intake interview and proceeding through all the phases of RE therapy.
Intensive Supervised Skills Practice: The workshop emphasizes the building of participants' therapeutic skills through a process that combines lecture, video, role-play demonstrations, and intensively supervised skill practice. The number of participants is limited in order to ensure frequent individual supervision when participants break into triads to practice the previously-demonstrated skills.
Workshop Objectives: Participants will learn:
- How to structure an intake interview so as to minimize in-session conflict and maximize commitment to positive therapeutic engagement
- How to teach clients the nine RE skills
- How and when to use special RE therapy techniques of Becoming, Troubleshooting, Laundering and Double-Becoming to manage the clinical process
- RE methods for crisis intervention
- How to overcome power imbalances among family members
- When and how to combine individual therapy of family members with RE couple and family therapy
Continuing Education: Upon completion, participants receive 20 CE credits for completing this workshop.
Number of participants strictly limited to assure ample individual supervision.
Fee: $375 (includes RE Therapist Manual).
For further information, or to register, please call NIRE at 301-986-1479.
Visit our website at www.nire.org.