Wendy L. Patrick, Ph.D.
Parents and Children Together: Findings from an Experimental Evaluation of Six Healthy Marriage and Responsible Fatherhood Programs
2. Video: Explains Marriage and Relationship Education
This video explains what Marriage and Relationship Education is, what a program can look like, the topics covered and how to find a course or a facilitator.
3. How Sleep Affects Your Relationships, According to ScienceCASSIE SHORTSLEEVE
4. The Joys of Grandparenting
By Diana Divecha
5. The Co-Parenting Relationship scale is a validated measure created by the FRPN that is available for free in both English and Spanish. This scale was developed specifically for low-income, nonresident fathers and looks at a variety of co-parenting domains, including alliance, gatekeeping and undermining. http://www.frpn.org/sites/default/files/The%20FRPN%20Coparenting%20Relationship%20Scale%20.pdf
6. You can find more tips like these in our tip sheets for service providers, or informational handouts for families, also available in Spanish.
Dr. Scott Stanley
8. Asking ten “critical” questions before embarking on a serious relationship can help couples thrive
9. St. Michael Academy welcomes Richard Brake as new principal
10.What is Helicopter Parenting and Why is it Bad?
By Chloe Bennett
|Fathers develop children’s social skills to make friends|
1. Kids' Share 2018: Report on Federal Expenditures on Children through 2017 and Future ProjectionsJulia B. Isaacs
C. Eugene Steuerlehttps://www.urban.org/research/publication/kids-share-2018-report-federal-expenditures-children-through-2017-and-future-projections
2. Air Force Couple Ties the Knot Aboard C-17Air Force 1st Lt. Marquel Coaxum
ORWedding Cruises Help Couples Sail Into Marriage
Anne Artley, Staff Writer
3. Encouraging Attendance and Engagement in Parenting Programs: Developing a Smartphone Application with Fathers, for Fathershttps://www.acf.hhs.gov/opre/resource/encouraging-attendance-engagement-parenting-programs-developing-smartphone-app-for-fathers?
4. Seven Lessons from Mister Rogers That Can Help Americans Be Neighbors Again SHEA TUTTLEhttps://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/seven_lessons_from_mister_rogers_That_can_help_americans_be_neighbors_again?
5. “Parent Education and Family Life Education: A Critical Link in Early Childhood Education Policy”by Glen Palm, Ph.D., CFLE, and Betty Cooke, Ph.D., CFLEhttps://www.ncfr.org/news/ncfr-releases-policy-brief-parent-education-and-family-life-education-critical-link-early
6. Parental leave promotes coparenting, a key to early child developmentPhilip Hwang is Professor of Psychology at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
7. World Congress of Families in Chisinau, Moldova, September 13th to September 16th, 20188. 2018’s Most & Least Stressed Cities in AmericaORWhere are you most likely to get married -- or divorced -- in Pennsylvania?
By Linda Hasco
Ministry launches Harmony initiative
or https://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/dubai/free-online-and-tele-counselling-services-launched-across-uae10. Early puberty in white adolescent boys increases substance use riskhttps://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2018/Q3/early-puberty-in-white-adolescent-boys-increases-substance-use-risk.html
11. A bad marriage can seriously damage your health, say scientists
12. In our opinion: Marriage rates are down. How should the country reverse that?
Deseret News editorial boardhttps://www.deseretnews.com/article/900024598/in-our-opinion-marriage-rates-are-down-how-should-the-country-reverse-that.html