From: Coffin, Bill (ACF)
Sent: Wed 8/13/2008 4:59 PM
To: ACF - Marriage Working Group
Cc: 'Emily Luschin'; 'Ellen Holman'; 'Courtney Harrison'; 'Smart Marriages ® '; 'Stone, Marissa'
Subject: FW: HM Links & Clips (8/5/08) #896
resent with links fixed
2) Online Resources for Family Finances
RedOrbit - Dallas,TX,USA
www.utahmarriage.org: Created as part of the Utah Healthy Marriage Initiative. The Web site offers information about classes and marriage-related events and ...
3) Spouses struggle with other's needs
Evansville Courier & Press - Evansville,IN,USA
Each person in the marriage needs to develop good listening skills and clear communication techniques. Many times a seminar or communication workshop can ...
4) Married couples ‘alone together,' studies report
Fort Wayne Journal Gazette - Fort Wayne,IN,USA
“Marriage education is a vitamin, not a vaccine,” Burg says, so don’t expect a one-shot inoculation to get rid of all problems. Instead, take regular doses ...
5) A good marriage can really 'bring home the bacon'
Idaho Press-Tribune - Nampa,ID,USA
When a couple raises their children in a good marriage, they are contributing to the world’s future. Healthy families become a gift to a world that ...
6) Obama practices what he preaches
Washington Times - Washington,DC,USA
A healthy marriage to the mother of one's children has a way of making sure a father is in the location where his kids desperately need him most - in their ...
7) How's your marriage?
Times of India - India
Now here’sa quiz that will help you evaluate how well you and your partner are doing in your marriage. Answer the following questions to see how you are ...
8) RHOADES: Better marriages help everyone
Newton Kansan - Newton,KS,USA
HB 2920 was developed by family and marriage educators from the Kansas Healthy Marriage Institute (KHMI). The group assembled stakeholders from throughout ...
9) Celebrating two decades of marriage
Portsmouth Herald News - Portsmouth,NH,USA
So in the hopes of "educating" some young engaged couples who would like their marriage to last at least 20 years, I thought I would share a few helpful, ...
10) Voice of the Day Couples shouldn't rush into marriage commitment
News-Leader.com - Springfield,MO,USA
We are members of a local nonprofit organization called Ozarks Marriage Matters, and we also need volunteers to join us in promoting marriage education and ...
11) Communication key in marriage
El Paso Times - El Paso,TX,USA
Editors note: This is the first of a six-part series on The El Paso Healthy Marriage Project: Marriage Is Good for You! As a married person, you can learn ...
12) Money and Marriage: “He Bought'They Fought”
http://www.uwex.edu/ces/cty/clark/flp/documents/MoneyandMarriageHeBoughtTheyFoughtPreventingMoneyConflicts.pdf Money and Marriage: Saving for Future Use
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/HE158 Money and Marriage: Making Financial Plans Together
13) The sign says 'Hate,' but what does it mean?
Tampabay.com - St. Petersburg,FL,USA
The goal is to entice newlywed women into visiting a marriage education Web site, instead of letting their "hate" result in a divorce. ...
14) Special guest: Ron McLain, executive director of the Healthy Marriage Coalition of Fresno County and Marriage Mentoring Ministries Inc., will be on "Yesterday, Today and Forever" hosted by Jim Grant at 8:30 p.m. Aug. 13 on KNXT, Channel 49. Repeat showings will be at 11:30 a.m. Aug. 14 and 6 p.m. Aug. 17.
McLain will discuss his mission to reduce the divorce rate in California and reinforce the importance of marriage.
The reporter can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (559) 441-6355.
15) Why Marriages End in Divorce
early half of all marriages will end in divorce. A frightening statistic and certainly one that can make you a little leery of walking down the aisle. But instead of focusing on how many marriages will end in divorce, maybe we should be ...
Octopus Mom - http://octopusmom.wordpress.com
16) Troubled marriage needs a tuneup
Washington Times - Washington,DC,USA
How can we keep a marriage healthy and strong with all the trainings, schools, field exercises and multiple deployments? This is not what I said "I do" for. ...
17) Rotarians told that VOW helps community, firms
Kilgore News Herald - TX, USA
Twogether in Texas is a new statewide initiative aimed at raising the availability of marriage education and the community support for healthy marriages. ...